Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Migrate to EasyApache 4

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Bloke2, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I received a notice that the httpd.service was outdated. I tried to migrate from EasyApache 3 to 4. I got these messages.

Warning: EasyApache 4 does not support the requested Apache version, v2.2. The system will upgrade you to v2.4.
    Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MailHeaders” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MagicQuotes” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::SlowRestartPatch” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Fileprotect” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    Warning: Current profile has the following MPMs: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork
    Warning: Adding the missing package, ea-apache24-mod_suexec, to the EasyApache 4 profile.

Then it asked to revert back to EasyApache 3.
    What should I do before I try to migrate to EasyApache 4?

2. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And now I updated version 3 I think. Even though it says version 2. Then I tried to migrate again to version 4 and it said successful. And a window opened automatically saying...

Running pre-flight check to determine if your server can safely migrate to EasyApache 4 …

And then I get the same messages above. I have both Version 3 and version 4 listed under software.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You should be able to proceed past those warning messages. They exist to alert you of some of the changes in EasyApache 4. You can read more about those warning messages on the following thread:

Migrate EA3 to EA4 issues

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had to upgrade version 3 (confusing they were calling it 2) then from there went to 4. I still have EasyApache 3 listed under software. Will that remain or do I have to remove it?

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks. I don't make many changes with SSH and not an expert. I have to be clear what this means. mv `/var/cpanel/caches/_generated_command_files' where does this move the files?

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Per that thread, you'd first need to move the "/usr/local/apache.ea3" directory. EX:

Code:
    mv /usr/local/apache.ea3 /usr/local/apache.ea3.backup1
    Then, run the following command to move the existing UI cache:

Code:
    mv /var/cpanel/caches/_generated_command_files{,.backup}
    Once you have confirmed that you no longer have any need to revert to EasyApache 3, you can remove the "/usr/local/apache.ea3.backup1" directory.

Thank you.

8. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you run that command in the root directory or do I have to navigate to /usr/...?

#8 Bloke2, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The commands include the full paths, so you can run them from any directory as long as you are logged in via SSH as the "root" user.

Thank you.

10. Bloke2

Bloke2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks. I got logged in and was able to move it. Was able to navigate and see where things are. I haven't deleted the Easy Apache 3 yet. Can you tell me in simple terms what this part means? Is this what the cache is?
    _generated_command_files{,.backup}

11. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Code:
    mv /usr/local/apache.ea3 /usr/local/apache.ea3.backup1
    The above command moves the EasyApache 3 data out of the way. It's what WHM uses to determine if it should display the EasyApache option.

Code:
    mv /var/cpanel/caches/_generated_command_files{,.backup}
    The above command will essentially clear the WHM UI cache to ensure WHM notices the the EA3 directory was moved. These files only contain cached WHM data, so it's nothing essential to your accounts.

Thank you.