The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrate TOMCAT from Redhat TO CentOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furquan, Jun 14, 2011.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hello All :

I have an old RHEL Linux ES release 4 cPanel Server which is running tomcat 5.5.28 on a VM.

Now i need to migrate this server to a CentOS 5.6 VM

Can any one suggest me all the appropriate files and settings that i need to copy to make sure the transition is smooth .

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello furquan,

The files should all be located in /usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.28 location. Most of them should be the same no matter what version of Tomcat is installed, but the server.xml in /usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/conf/ location would contain the domain configurations.

Additionally, there will be configuration include files in /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/ location for each individual user and domain (the path will vary depending on your Apache version so I can't provide the exact path). These will be called cp_jkmount.conf for each file for each user and contain the following lines approximately:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_jk.c>
      JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
      JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
      JkMount /servlets/* ajp13
    </IfModule>
    You could simply install Tomcat onto the new machine and re-add JSP for each domain listed in /usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/conf/server.xml file. If the accounts have war files, they should auto extract on Tomcat restart anyway for the domain addition, so you shouldn't have to copy anything beyond making sure each domain has JSP and servlets installed onto it. The version of Tomcat cPanel uses in the newest EasyApache is 5.5.33, which isn't that much later than the version you are using right now.

The only reason I can even see copying that data would be if you've made any configurational changes to the server.xml beyond the default settings.

3. furquan

cPanelTristan :)

As always Thank you so very much, One quicky ..How can i add JSP for the domains listed in the server.xml file ? do we have to do it via WHM or cli ?

Thank you

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can use Web Host Manager or the command line to install servlets for each domain name:

Code:
    "WHM >> Account Functions >> Install Servlets"
    Or;

Code:
    /scripts/addservlets --domain=example.com
    Thank you.

5. furquan

Thank you cPanelMichael ,

In fact i realized that after i entered my previous response ;)