Migrate users to a single webmail script?

HostIt

Feb 22, 2003
I've just started writing a shell script to migrate all users to Squirrelmail (The other two have to go and I don't want to leave people high and dry without their Neomail and Horde specific email).

Before I go much further, does anybody already have a script along those lines, or any hints/advice? I've got to the point of concatenating 'sent-mail*' (Horde + Neomail sent mail files) into the SquirrelMail format 'INBOX.Sent', as well as removing the first 11 lines from each sent-mail* file (the 'DO NOT REMOVE' lines), but that's about all so far...

Last edited:

mr.wonderful

BANNED
Feb 1, 2004
Mirgate users? :confused: What for, if you dont want Horde or Neomail turn them off. Squirrelmail will take over. You dont need to write a thing.

HostIt

Feb 22, 2003
Originally posted by mr.wonderful
Mirgate users? :confused: What for, if you dont want Horde or Neomail turn them off. Squirrelmail will take over. You dont need to write a thing.
As per my post above, doing just that will lose my clients the contents of their sent mail folders etc

Horde archives old sent mail in 'sent-mail-jan-2004' for example
Neomail stores all sent mail in 'sent-mail'
SM stores sent mail in 'INBOX.Sent'

Likewise, Neomail has 'neomail-trash' where SquirrelMail has INBOX.Trash'

Last edited:

HostIt

Feb 22, 2003
I do realise that users *could* access these files via SquirrelMail, but most users will not know how (Folders/Subscribe), causing support tickets etc, and it would just be far cleaner to bring the files together.