The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrate Web Hosting Plan for my domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itsupport5589, Jul 20, 2012.

1. itsupport5589

itsupport5589 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have Domain Registration & Web Hosting from 123-reg.co.uk for our Website and
    Other 4 Web Site i want to relocate to our Purchased VPS Server on Godaddy.com.

Now I want to my add Web Hosting for our domain on our purchased VPS Server from Godaddy
    and want to stop using Web Hosting from 123-reg.co.uk. In that case, I have Loggged in to my VPS
    Server and Created an Account Information for mydomain.com.

Now I gone back to 123-reg.co.uk where mydomain.com domain registered and gone to the
    settings of mydomain.com Domain Name Server, then I given Following NS Server in 123-reg.co.uk
    Web Hosting.

Name Servers for mydomain.com ( IF IT IS WRONG NS SERVER, PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE
    CORRECT NS SERVER, LET ME KNOW WHAT NS TO BE PROVIDED)

ns1.ip.secureserver.net
    ns2.ip.secureserver.net

Hope you understand what i wanted, In Simple Language.....I want my VPS Server to Web Host My
    Website whose domain is registered with 123-reg.co.uk Hosting, by placing right NS
    Server to Map our VPS Server and Website.

#1 itsupport5589, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you use the GoDaddy nameservers, you won't be pointing to your own private nameservers on your VPS. You'll need to create private nameservers and use those. It would be better to contact either your domain registrar or GoDaddy to find out what to use. Usually it's what you have in WHM > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup for the nameservers.

3. 123regonline

123regonline Registered
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I'm Nerys and I work for 123-reg. As your VPS is not with ourselves I cannot give you too much advice regarding setting up your private nameservers, however once you have these set, please see the guide below for details on changing:

How do I change the nameservers for my domain name? - 123-reg.co.uk Support

If I can be of any further help, please do let me know.

Regards,

Nerys