The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrated an account, now mailing lists don't work?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by quanin, Aug 3, 2012.

1. quanin

quanin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I migrated my account from one server I maintain to another, and everything seems for the most part to be working, except mailing lists. I thought they might be working and just no one's used them, but several hours after I set everything up, the mail queue blew up with messages being defered by the server. I still can't track down the exact cause, but I'm noticing a couple of things when trying to sort it out. The mailing list shows in CPanel as having no usage whatsoever, in spite of the fact I know very well it has. Additionally, I tried to change the password for that list, and while CPanel says the password's been changed, the new password doesn't work. New mailing lists don't have this problem; just lists I brought over with me when I moved servers. Is there any way to fix this, or am I dumping the lists in question and starting over?

2. quanin

quanin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay, I stand corrected. People can still receive mail--that was part of the, uh, earlier explosion in the mail queue. But no usage whatsoever in CPanel? And can't change the list's password? That's a little unusual.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

You might have to try using MailMan directly to change things around.

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/change_pw --domain=listdomain.tld --listname=mailing list --password=newpassword

It also might be a good idea to run check_perms from that folder too. If there are other issues this will at least flush them out.

Thanks!

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If the permissions check / reset doesn't work, you might want to check the list ownership and permissions in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists location. Compare a new list to an old list to see if the permissions or ownership differs.

Next, you can also check the Mailman error logs at /usr/local/cpanel/mailman/logs/error

Finally, the cPanel error logs might have information. Try changing the password again on a list and tail /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log to see if you get any errors outputting.

If all of our suggestions fail to resolve the issue, please submit a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please provide a mailing list name and the currently working password for that list for us to investigate. Please post the ticket number here if you end up opening up a ticket.

Thanks!