Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Migrating a domain from webmin - ubuntu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danielvasc, Mar 27, 2014.

1. danielvasc

danielvasc Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    When I'm migrating a domain from one ubuntu server to my centos server with cpanel, the images are no longer recognized, the names are incorrect, words containing special characters are left with a strange name. How can I solve this?

I will explain exactly what is happening.

I own a site on another server, which runs the version of ubuntu. When I do transfer these files to your cpanel server, he changes some file names, adding distinctive character.

For example, on the old server I have the "DSCF2751correção_detalhe.jpg" file, and when it is migrated to the new server, this name is renamed to "DSCF2751corre#U00c3#U00a7#U00c3#U00a3o_detalhe.jpg".

I wonder why is this happening. Is it any configuration language of the system? I need to resolve this as quickly as possible because my clients are facing huge problems with this.

#1 danielvasc, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. danielvasc

danielvasc Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Problem solved!

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind explaining how you solved the problem? It might help other users in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...