Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Migrating a physical cPanel machine to virtual cPanel machine

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by elvanineto, Dec 10, 2012.

1. elvanineto

elvanineto Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Good morning!

I am wanting to migrate a server that is now a physical server to a virtual server. Today I have over 200 users/domains registered on this server. That server works hosting, email, ftp, etc..

1) What are the recommended tools and what should I watch to perform this migration?
    2) The new server is virtualized on VMware, is there any specific configuration for it?
    3) Being over 200 accounts, with a database of 80GB in size, which estimated time for this migration?

2. electric

electric Well-Known Member

1) Cpanel transfer wizard.

2) I don't know.

3) Depends on cpu / disk io of the old server doing the account backup/packaging, the file transfer speed sending the .tar.gz file from old server to new server, and cpu /disk io of new server doing the unarchive and account restore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...