Migrating account from Plesk to cPanel

ibaker

Registered
Nov 7, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi
I have just purchased a web site and wish to move it over to my own server.

The source server is a VPS running Plesk Parallels and my server is a WHM/cPanel dedicated server

I tried to use the "Copy account from another server" option in WHM and I did NOT click the alter DNS check box as I was wanting to do a test run. However, after it was completed, I found the DNS WAS altered on the source server which caused a major issue. I checked the log on my server and it listed:
"Changed all instances of [217.x.xxx.xx] -> [142.x.xx.xx] in MyDomain.com"

Is there any way you can copy an account from another server (Plesk) and just copy all the files and databases over and leave the source server untouched?

JeffP.

Sep 28, 2010
The migrations scripts do not alter data on the source server (e.g., Plesk, DirectAdmin, or Ensim).

This message that you saw:

Code:
Changed all instances of [217.x.xxx.xx] -> [142.x.xx.xx] in MyDomain.com
just means that the IP addresses were changed in the DNS zone files on the cPanel server, and not the Plesk server.

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am not sure if you are aware, but for future reference and for others who may read this, we do offer a complimentary migration service for migrations from Linux versions of Ensim/Parallels Pro, Plesk, and DirectAdmin, to cPanel. You can learn about our migration service on the following page:

Migrate to cPanel | cPanel, Inc.