The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating accounts with a single license

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darwin7, Mar 24, 2012.

1. darwin7

darwin7 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good morning

I have 1 single cPanel license for a dedicated server.
    Now, I want change the server (and the IP), and therefore I will associate my cPanel license to the new IP.

How is possible migrating the account(s), considering that I have just 1 license and thus only 1 cPanel running?

In other words, I need both cPanel (old and new server) running for 1 or 2 days...

Thank you

2. singh9211

singh9211 Member

Yes it can easily achieved, First of all keep in mind that cpanel licenses are bind to ip Addresses for licensing check.

Just install the Cpanel on the new server with the trial license, that gonna work for minimum 15 days with no problem, then after migrating all the account from the old server to new one.

Then change the license from trial to full version(means change the ip address of cpanel full version to new server address),by asking your provider Example: if the license is purchased directly from cpanel, raised a support ticket with them and they gonna assist you with this. OR if the license is from some reseller ask them to assist you.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If you are getting the trial license through us for the request, please email cs@cpanel.net to make that request.

Thanks!