The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating emails from one host to another

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by darylt, Nov 9, 2010.

1. darylt

darylt Registered

I have migrated one cpanel account from Bluehost to Hostgator.

The one thing that didn't go well was the emails.

I have managed to get the emails over, but for some reason they aren't displaying with the user.

Could this be because the email files have a section which is the hosts domain name?

I have tried changing this piece of the file name to the domain of the new host, however I get an email body parsing error when I do this.

Any other ideas?

2. sanjuabrahamk

sanjuabrahamk Active Member

In normal case there will not be any issue if you restored the domain from the cpanel backup. Please upload a copy of the backup to your new server (if you have) and restore it again.

3. darylt

darylt Registered

Unfortunately the system that I came from (Blue Host) have one cpanel account and then add domains as addons. I am moving the accounts to Hostgator who provide a single cpanel for each account, therefore I believe if I was to upload my backup from Bluehost to Hostgator I would end up with all my accounts (which I don't want) imported into a single account with Hostgator.