The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating from Ensim Pro

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by lfazekas, Sep 22, 2004.

1. lfazekas

lfazekas Member

I am planning on buying a new server with CPanel and I have to move all my sites over from my old server that is running Red Hat Enterprise with Ensim Pro ( which really sucks and that is why I want to switch to CPanel) I have heard that CPanel is a much more stable and superior product.

Can someone help me with a step by step on how I would backup and restore my files from the Ensim box to the new CPanel box. I have a few really large sites using Front Page extensions and lots of CGI scripts.

I realize that this will probably have to be done manually using TAR but can someone walk me through the procedure.

Also does CPanel come with any type of email anti-virus software?

Thanks
    Les

2. puzz1ed1

puzz1ed1 Active Member

cPanel has a facility to import accounts from an ensim server - though ew found it needed a little tidying up afterwards still. Some databases didn't work immediately, and the ensim squirrelmail folders were manually deleted.

MailScanner works very well with cPanel - lots of posts about it on the forums.

HTH

Steve