The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

migrating from ensim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unite the cows, Jul 22, 2002.

1. unite the cows

unite the cows Active Member

I currently have an ensim machine and a cobalt machine and I am going to be migrating them over to the new machine with cpanel, are there any migrating tools for these? Or if not does anyone know a way to transfer users over? I am thinking that maybe the shadow file and the passwd files will have the same encryption so I was going to maybe just make the accounts on the new machine and then copy the info from one file to the other and they should work right? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

2. TheVoice

TheVoice Well-Known Member

You will need to create archives of the user folders. Move the archives. Make the accounts with cpanel. Unzip/untar the archives into each new account. Run scripts/chownpublichtmls. And that should be it. contact me if you would like more specific instructions.

3. unite the cows

unite the cows Active Member

hey man, thanks for the quick reply, i sent you a PM, if you would rather email me just send it to admin@silentcircuit.com thank you very much.