The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating from GMail to cPanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nmeastman, Apr 12, 2013.

1. nmeastman

nmeastman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We just purchased a smaller company who used Gmail for their email. We would like to migrate the GMail domains to cPanel and use our server for the default email server. The domains themselves have been moved and are using cPanel for everything else. Does anyone have experience with exporting from GMail to cPanel? If so is there a way to pull a whole domain and not just individual users (we have around 250 mailboxes on the Ikano servers to move)?

2. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. robb3369

robb3369 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We typically use imapsync to move just the mail portion of GMail... Calendars and contacts are another story...

4. nmeastman

nmeastman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you both! I've seen instructions for IMAP transfer before, but have not seen something that would be easily scriptable like imapsync. I've been looking around and as for contacts, Takeout (http://www.google.com/takeout/) looks to be the best option, just have the users export their contacts if they need/want them. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm open on that as well.