Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Migrating from one dedicated server to another

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by PumpinIron, Dec 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PumpinIron

PumpinIron Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm currently leasing a dedicated server through HostGator. I've been with them for 3 years now and I have to say my experience has been nothing short of horrific with the lacking customer support and the constant "network outages".

My box I have with them is a Linux box with WHM. I have full access to it via WHM, SSH, etc.

I want to move to a new host which would also be the same setup (Linux, WHM, etc.), but one of the biggest concerns I have is that there's so many websites (and emails) on this HostGator server, that I'm afraid of downtime.

I don't want to have to manually go through and export every single cPanel instance (i.e. files, databases, etc.) individually. Not to mention all the SSL certificates and so forth.

I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy way to migrate everything to a new server with minimal downtime? Like somehow I could just export everything in WHM, export every single cPanel instance, their databases, files, etc., without a hitch?

I think the only issue I'd have is that I'd have to re-issue all the SSL certificates (I think), because each one of the sites that uses an SSL certificate has it's own dedicated IP address, which is obviously associated with the SSL cert.

Just hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I can do this manually, one site at a time, but that would just be so painstaking.

2. IndicHosts.net

IndicHosts.net Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

You have to setup new server same as your old server and transfer accounts using transfer tool. As it's not possible to export all server setting and restore it on your new server

WHM transfer tool will migrate your all accounts files, databases and email accounts and there is no need to reissues your SSL as transfer tool will migrate your SSL also.
    New Thread - Migrating from one dedicated server to another

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator