The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating from qmail to exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jode, Jul 24, 2002.

1. jode

jode Registered

Hi,

I'm currently using qmail+vpopmail as a MTA. Because Cpanel doesn't unfortunately support qmail, I have to transfer my existing qmail mail accounts to exim. I have hundreds of VirtualHosts, so migrating may be such a big operation.

1. First of all, it seems that Cpanels exim RPM-package (for rh 7.2)is compiled with maildir support. Am I right?

2. Does Cpanel work with Maildir format?

3. Does anyone know, what I have to change at exim.conf file?

4. And last, have anyone of you successfully transfered email accounts (with mail data files of course) from qmail to exim?

With best regards,
    jode

2. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

cpanel has a script which converts plesk users to cpanel. As you may know plesk uses qmail. I have looked thru the source for it and figure out how he's packageing it but i cant seam to find the script that he's using to unpackage it. I only looked for 5 min or soo too so i will look alittle harder later on.

*** Shaun Who loves other people's source code (No i dont steal it, I just like to see how people write stuff.)

3. jode

jode Registered

[quote:a4e19a2a89][i:a4e19a2a89]Originally posted by shaun[/i:a4e19a2a89]

cpanel has a script which converts plesk users to cpanel. As you may know plesk uses qmail.[/quote:a4e19a2a89]
    Thanks for your advice. That's interestíng - that could be even a solution for my problem. Do you know, what's the name of the conversion script and from where it can be found?

Even, if that could be my solution, I'm still interested, does cpanel support maildir format? I would rather like to use Courier-Imap than buggy uw-imap and so on...

With best regards,
    Jode