SOLVED Migrating the entire WHM to another server

tnycman

Feb 1, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I have very little experience with cpanel, and was wondering if there is any way to migrate an entire WHM with all the cpanels and files..

I have about 5-6 users cpanels that i like to move to another server, they have websites with databases in it.

Is there an idiot proof to do this migration without the possibility of messing it up ? I'm a tech savvy, just no familiar with Cpanel.

Thanks

yesgeek

Feb 3, 2020
Miami
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I tried using the transfer tool and everything seems to have migrated over but the domain is not resolving even after changing the IP address to the new server. Do I need to change the name server? How can I figure out what the new nameservers?

yesgeek

Feb 3, 2020
Miami
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
TRANSFER: 1 completed, 0 had warnings, and 0 failed.
RESTORE: 1 completed, 1 had warnings, and 0 failed.

RESTORE: Account “exoticsign”: Warnings
The original IP address, “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”, is not available. The system will use one of your available unused IP addresses instead.
“/bin/bash” is not a permitted shell for restricted restore. This account will use the “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell” shell instead.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
are you still having issues.
I found this process pretty straight forward.

Use something like MX tool box to reveal any dns problems.

Is this your own server, do you have bind (dns for name servers) istalled, or are you using and external DND and name server.

yesgeek

Feb 3, 2020
Miami
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I used the transfer tool but the domain is not resolving. It's my own VPN so I have access to WHM and Cpanel. Godaddy did the initial setup for me but I don't think they configured the nameservers. I'm trying to create my own name servers but I would be perfectly fine using godaddy's name servers as well since I'm going to use Cloudflare anyway so I will be pointing the DNS to them. I just want to make sure the site is up before connecting Cloudflare. My Cpanel account has a different IP address than my server.
I used this video How to Setup DNS in WHM cPanel on Godaddy but it's still not working.

TestResult
DMARC Record PublishedNo DMARC Record found More Info
DMARC Policy Not EnabledDMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled More Info
DNS Record PublishedDNS Record found