The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating Virtualmin email accounts to Cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ritontor, May 18, 2009.

1. ritontor

ritontor Member

May 17, 2009
    Hi guys, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a huge pain to do, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has any bright ideas on how to solve it.

Basically, I have a Virtualmin server with a couple of hundred email accounts in Maildir format, all using standard unix accounts. The only real difference, other than layout, is that the unix account names are in the format username.virtualminaccount, rather than I would REALLY rather not have to contact all these clients and get them to change their email login names, but it's sounding like I'm going to have to. Anyone got any bright ideas? An auth wrapper? I'm also looking for some clever ideas for handling the handover period for dns redelegation and email lag - I'm planning on just copying the maildir over to the cpanel box and remote mounting it from the old virtualmin server, not sure if there are any easier tricks, like forwarding the emails automatically with postfix or something.