Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Migration 400 Accts to new cpanel -- easy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drew Nichols, May 4, 2004.

1. Drew Nichols

Drew Nichols Well-Known Member

How much of a pain is it going to be if I want to upgrade servers and move 400 domains from one Cpanel to a newer cpanel server? Is this going to cause lots of problems or is it a relative no-brainer?

Drew

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hopefully, your current Server has a seperate hard drive for backups.

If yes, you can setup the new Server, install the old backup hard drive to the new Server and then use the Backup > Restore feature. This would be fastest.

If no, but you do have backups, you can still use the Backup > Restore, but it will take a lot longer.

If no and no backups, I would be gloomy Gus for sure -- due to the time involved for this. ;)

Depending upon your time constraints and method used, you're probably looking at 3 - 7 days to transfer, verify, and make any required corrections.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Drew Nichols

Drew Nichols Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I remember being on Cobalts for 7 years and it was NEVER easy. I will give this a try! :)

Drew