The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration and Linode Image

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Forward, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Scott Forward

Scott Forward Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello, I was wondering if any of you had experience with "Linode Images". Here's the basic idea, I was looking for a way to create a template Cpanel/WHM install and have it available should I ever purchase more servers. I'm configuring an install right now, I've done a lot of work hardening the security on a given server but it happens to have DNS settings configured for a specific domain as well. Are there any obvious problems with migrating this image to another server and simply clearing those DNS settings? Any help would be most appreciated, this could really save me a lot of time for future installations.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There should not be an issues with using that image and setting up a post-installation script to modify the DNS/IP addresses provided the image is installed on the same environment.

Thank you.

3. Scott Forward

Scott Forward Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for your response, I just wanted to take a minute to say that I really love the support for your service. I have a trial license and will definitely be purchasing the full version this afternoon. You folks have support down to a science.

Thanks,

Scott