The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

migration from from whm to whm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghazanfar78, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ghazanfar78

Ghazanfar78 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    i was using whm and cpanel on my vps , two days back purchased a dedicated server , so i need to migrate all of my websites data to new dedicated server , using whm migration feature i entered the extact details and entered but error occurs all time , saying wrong password .... the password is 100% correct , i logged in many times using the same password .. i reset it and changed it and used this new password for migration from vps (whm) to dedicated server(whm) but error occurs. please resolve my issue ... also iam willing to give login details so that u can migrate it for me
    thanks waiting for reply

2. cPPhilS

cPPhilS Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I would recommend using the "Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server" functionality within WHM. From your new server, input the remote server address (check the SSH connection, make sure that says it's ok). Under authentication, use root and your password. Assuming all is well, the next screen should show you all the packages and accounts that you can transfer.

If this functionality is not working then I would suggest that you open a ticket with cPanel support http://tickets.cpanel.net . Make sure to provide the login information to both servers and an analyst will be able to troubleshoot why this is not working.