The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration from H-Sphere to CPanel

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by samuelaciego, Mar 1, 2010.

1. samuelaciego

samuelaciego Registered

Hi

I’m working in a hsphere to cpanel migration project and my question is about how can I parse a xml file into cpanel, I want to create a xml file with all account information (username, domains, password, databases, etc) and then parse this file in cpanel for the account creation, is this possible ? how? or the only way is from whm and api's?

Thanks in Advance

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Migration to cPanel

Hi samuelaciego,

One way to start your project would be to use the XMLAPI, (XML and JSON APIs). You could creating a script that parses your XML data into an API query; could use the createacct method and establish your accounts.

If you're familiar with PHP, we have a convenience class XMLAPI.php found here
    Index of /lib/xmlapi/php

Just grab the latest version and untar it. In there you'll find the class and some example scripts :)

Importing databases/schema maybe a little more difficult. However, once you have the accounts created, I'm sure there's a few ways to get there. Caveat Emptor: cPanel, like many host management environments utilizes a 'username_' database naming convention. This should actually help you for the import, but future product versions may use a different user/db ownership paradigm...FYI

I would consider utilizing the XMLAPI and performing a api1_query for db creation. Here is where the mysql api calls are documented: ApiMysql < ApiDocs < TWiki

Once the db is created, it should be easy enough to perform a scripted mysql-import for the data itself. In this way, cPanel would handle db creation all the proper grants and you're only responsible for the data :). Again, it may take a little trial and error, but having the API do the heavy lifting is certainly the preferred method.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

-DavidN

PS. you can use whatever method you wish to perform the API call, the PHP class is just one way ;)

3. aiscom

aiscom Registered

We're looking for help (can pay) for moving 550+ domains from Hsphere to Enkompass. Anyone do that?

4. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

At this time Enkompass has no migration tools for any platform. We will be releasing them in the future outside of the normal Enkompass release schedule.

Thanks!