The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration Manager Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NightStorm, Apr 20, 2006.

1. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Is there any plans to update the migration manager to import PLesk from versions more recent than 6.x? There are not many people still running that version, as most are now in the 7.5 or 8.0 series now, which supports subdomains, and most recently, domain parking.
    I'm wanting to migrate all my sites off my Plesk box, but as most of the domains utilize the subdomain feature in Plesk >7.5, I'm holding off until this is supported in CPanel.
    Everything else in the migration manager appears to function (in the RELEASE build anyway... cPanel 10.8.2-C34 caused errors), so it would just be a matter of adding in the extra code for subdomains... which I can understand is not a simple 2 minute job as subdomains in Plesk sometimes have their own FTP login, but not always. But I'm just wondering if I should wait a bit before tackling this manually or not. A few of the domains I need to move have upwards of 30+ subdomains, and it'd be a real PITA to have to move each of them manually.
    Any chance of it coming soon? Or, and this is a stretch, does anyone have a simple script that would be able to grab the required info from the Plesk psa database and import it into CPanel?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You might want to try contacting cPanel directly to see if they have any plans/workarounds to do that.

3. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sent. And I sure hope that they reply with a happy answer, because I'm really dreading the next few weeks if they say it's not going to happen. :confused: