The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration of Emails

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by atulvij89, Aug 3, 2012.

1. atulvij89

atulvij89 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello Sir,

I Like To Know That I Have Website And Having Email Hosting With Rediff And Want To Have My Own Server Or VPS And Want to Host Website And Emails. So How I Can Transfer Emails From Rediff And Is It Possible To Transfer Data From Rediff.......

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this rediff.com or something else? I'm not really familiar with this company. They don't really appear to be a hosting provider.

What kind of control panel do they have? We'd need more details on what they are using such as whether it's Linux-based or Windows-based.

3. atulvij89

atulvij89 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes Rediff.com And They have There Own Control panel And They Use Linux. They provide Email And Hosting Space.... So How We Can Convert Data To Cpanel

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are they exim and maildir (via courier or dovecot) for email? We will need more details on their platform type.

For data files, you should simply be able to FTP the files to your local system and then FTP them to the new server. The website files go into /home/username/public_html where username is the cPanel username. The emails go into /home/username/mail/domain.com/emailuser/cur location if they are maildir format files. Here again username is the cPanel username, while domain.com is the domain name and emailuser is the local part of the email address.

5. atulvij89

atulvij89 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    That Much Email Details i Dont Know About There Servers I Want Simple Way To Transfer My things To Cpanel So I Can Set Up My Own Server......

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Their site doesn't provide sufficient information to know, so they would need to be contacted to ask about the emails. Otherwise, if you have the ability to create a backup under their control panel, you could make the backup and then extract it locally to view how the emails are arranged.

If you would like to open up a ticket with our migration department and provide some details for us there, we could help further. You would use https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/ and then put Migration in the subject line.