The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration using cPanel scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theG, Jul 9, 2012.

1. theG

theG Member

Mar 10, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I have crated a cpmove-test1.tar.gz file using the script at /scripts/pkgacct for the user test1( in a server. Same User of test1 is having another account as test2( in another server and want to move all his domains in test1 to test2. I have copied the cpmove-test1.tar.gz file to another server in which test2 resides. So my question is, Can i use the command /scripts/restorepkg test2 to copy all test1 websites to test2. I have used this before but at that time both had same username. But here it differs. Please help.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /scripts/restorepkg does not support "merging" of accounts. Even if the username was the same, restorepkg would not be capable of "merging" a backup with an existing account. At best, you would be able to force a restore of a backup with the same username as an existing account. Such an action would be a force overwrite of any conflicting data, though, not a "merge" of the accounts.

If you want to merge the account data from two different accounts (regardless if the usernames are the same or different), there's no automated method that we have available. You would have to perform this task manually by creating the domains by hand and then manually extracting the domain's data from the cpmove (like its public_html contents and databases) and restoring them in the correct locations.

I do encourage you to use the Feature Request forum section, however, to share your desires for such a feature. The more support a given feature request receives, the more likely it is considered for future inclusion to the product.