The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minor mysql upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chnet, Mar 7, 2010.

1. chnet

chnet Registered

Recently I upgraded to cpanel 11.25 which appears to have built in support for mysql 5.1.

Prior to the new version I had manually upgraded mysql. Now that the new cpanel/whm supports Mysql 5.1, I'd like to re-enable automatic updates of mysql.

I attempted to run /scripts/mysqlup and it started trying to install mysql 4.1!

Looking through the forums I found a setting in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config for mysql version and changed that from 4.1 to 5.1.

However, before I try running the script again I want to make sure there is nothing else I need to do to ensure the update will work correctly. Are there any other steps I need to take?

I'm currently running mysql 5.1.37-log and would like to get up the most recent version 5.1.44

Thanks!

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to change the Mysql version in the file /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and then run

It will install the latest Mysql version cPanel supports (other than that, you will have to install mysql manually). Once the mysql version is upgraded, make sure you recompile Apache using