The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirroring 2 cPanel server

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Don joe, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Don joe

Don joe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Currently my mirroring server setting:
    - 2 VPS running cpanel
    - First, i use package data to duplicate data from 1st server then restore to 2nd server.
    - Setup periodic replicate data using rsync folder /home/user/public_html (data web) and /var/lib/mysql/dbname (database). Ssh key for authentication and cron every 5 minutes.
    - Set A record domain, so it has 2 A records (IP 1st server and IP 2nd server). Pointing from other dns server (parking server).

Weakness:
    1. Replicate data only works one way, if primary server down and we update data in 2nd server, when primary up, it doesnt get update data. I has to rsync manually. If i set replicate system like 1st server do, i worry about data corruption.
    2. Domain pointing with 2 A records take a little slightly downtime
    3. I want to use CNS (ns1.domain.com, ns2.domain.com) but have no idea how to set it up in mirroring server

According to weakness, these are my question:
    1. Is there anyway to have exact copy of my file and database althought primary server is down, and i use 2nd server?
    2. I had read about load balancing server, it needs 3rd server. Is there any alternative about this? (I do mind about cost)
    3. How to set dns server (master-slave) between 2 cpanel server?

Any ideas would I appreciate. Or if someone ever done this before using another technique, please let me know.

I'm sorry for my silly question and English. Thank you and may you always be happy, healthy and wealthy.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator