The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirroring/Backup..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan.overton, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ryan.overton

ryan.overton Active Member

So, I have a production server that is a web/dns/email/mysql server. Connected to this server on a private internal IP I have another server that I am going to use as the mirrored/backup server. Every evening at given time, I want to run rsync, and have the backup server copy the production server. I know that rsync does not copy mysql databases correctly (or so I have read)...

what are your ideas or thoughts on how to copy the entire server over, every night at a given time?? Not archived, but an exact mirror of the production server.

#1 ryan.overton, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  2. Drew Nichols

Drew Nichols Well-Known Member

I am also searching for this. I want to take hourly snapshots of MySQL onsite or offsite... either way.

3. xerophyte

xerophyte Well-Known Member

If you are going to backup
    Yon can use the cpanel backup and setup the back server as ftp server to receive all the back to the back up server

if you are considering to mirror the server, only i guess rsync all the files and use the mysql replicatioon to mirror the database.

hope that helps