The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirroring Cpanel Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mohdyasar, May 6, 2011.

1. mohdyasar

mohdyasar Active Member

Hello Members

I have been a consisten use of Cpanel for past 8 years, and provide shared hosting, however, there is one question, which is asked and will be asked by many of loyal cpanel hosters.

Can we mirror a cpanel server to an alternate location, and rsync data, on an ongoing basis, to keep data synced, so in the event of h/w/ sw/w dc failure we can still serve our customers, well.

Idea is we want a redundant setup, so we can switch if we have a major failure, at one of the DCs and switch back to primary DC when its back online.

Any ideas, on this, i have read many posts, but all seem to be confusing. Need to build a redundant setup of Cpanel Shared Hosting.

Regards

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. mohdyasar

mohdyasar Active Member

Many thanks

One quick question is will it copy all accounts, mail accounts, as and when created on the primary node.

What happens if i have a clustered DNS and how do i take care of DNS in terms of Auto Failover, any thoughts