Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DynamiteDJ, May 29, 2017.

1. DynamiteDJ

DynamiteDJ Member

Well what a fun day i've had so far (6:35pm BST)

Woke up this morning to find that my server for some apparent reason had amassed problems a plenty overnight, i was receiving failure notices for LFD, cpanel-dovecot-solr, php_fpm and httpd just for starters

After many hours of waiting for assistance i decided to try and resolve some of the problems myself, i managed to get all of those services working and functional again (yay me) only to find that i've lost 25% of my user accounts in cpanel, The files are showing in /home/ the databases are all still showing but the accounts have magically disappeared so now i'm showing 30 accounts instead of 42 accounts, i've followed several guides on here with regards to my current issue of magically disappearing account however none appear to be resolving so far, i even went as far as to create 1 of the disappeared domains manually in httpd.conf and set the vhost correctly, that now shows error 500 on the browser so the domain is pointing however its still not showing in list accounts, terminate, suspend or anywhere else.

I've checked files like:
    /etc/passwd
    /etc/group
    /etc/userdomains
    /etc/trueuserdomains
    ls /var/cpanel/users

and ran commands such as
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/userdata_update reset
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updateuserdomains
    /scripts/updateuserdomains
    /scripts/restorecpuserfromcache
    /scripts/rebuildcpusers
    /scripts/updateuserdomains --verbose
    /scripts/fixeverything
    /scripts/upcp (with and without --force)

but yet that domains are still not showing, they are showing as present and correct in the folder /var/cpanel/users and i've checked for multiple dns entries, i've checked for problems with the files, even checked the permissions, well i've even rebooted the thing 9 times in 6 hours yet i am still no further forward with these user accounts.

I do have a ticket open and can provide the ID should it be needed by a tech but was hoping that maybe i would get a response from anyone who may have had similar problems previously

Won't hold my breath as i am a previous smoker and will probably not exist (like these domains) by the time this gets resolved.

Thanks in advance.

2. DynamiteDJ

DynamiteDJ Member

forgot to add

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @DynamiteDJ,

I see that your ticket (#8533825) is open for investigation. We'll send a response as soon as possible. However, I did want to bring up one item that you mentioned:

This might sound like a simple question, but are you scrolling to the bottom and browsing to the second page in "WHM >> List Accounts"? The reason I ask is because by default only 30 accounts are listed on a single page.

Thank you.

4. DynamiteDJ

DynamiteDJ Member

Hi @cPanelMichael,

Thanks for your reply, i am aware of the 30 per page limit and it was showing 1-30 out of 30 and only 1 page was showing. i have managed to get one of the accounts somewhat working again by manually creating the httpd.conf vhost configuration but it involved a lot of fiddling with permissions then rebuilding the dns configs as well as some other tweaks, its still not working correctly but its now showing on the list so i am seeing it there finally, i just don't want to have to create the httpd vhost records again or i'll be here for another 36 hours, that and the fact i've still not got the autossl working for the restored domain yet.

image.prntscr.com/image/e3dc0edab85f4d87b72f61c880e4a00a.png

#4 DynamiteDJ, May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  5. DynamiteDJ

DynamiteDJ Member

Just wondering if i am going to get a response at any point today? we are talking almost 24 hours this ticket has been open and according to the queue i'm still 89th? would appear that i'm barely moving forward, seriously disappointed as we have to pay for the service and yet it seems like we are not getting any support for the money we are paying

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I see the support ticket was answered. Let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Thank you.