Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing blocked emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by NestMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. NestMan

NestMan Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was checking exim the other day and noticed blocked emails that were addressed to me. The unnerving thing is that I never realized those blocked emails never make it the Junk folder in my Mac Mail app. I somehow assumed they would show up in Junk along with other junk mail. Who knows how many important emails I have missed because of this.

My SpamAssassin required_score is set to 5 right now. Do I need to change it to 4 or something? Some of the emails that were blocked came from Facebook, which everyone knows is a legitimate website, so I'm confused why these emails are getting blocked unless my required_score is just too dang aggressive.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can search for one of sender email accounts associated with those messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog to see what happened. EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Also, browse to the Apache SpamAssassin option in cPanel and verify that "Spam Auto-Delete" isn't enabled if you want the messages delivered to the Junk/SPAM folders instead of deleted.

Thank you.