Missing Dependency on LFTP install

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
Hi, i want to install lftp using WHM, but it says:

"Missing Dependency: perl(String::CRC32) is needed by package lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 (base)"

Please how can i install this dependency or LFTP successfully?

I tried this guide to install this dependency, but it does not work. Maybe i need to restart anything? What?

--> Running transaction check
---> Package lftp.x86_64 0:3.7.11-4.el5_5.3 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(String::CRC32) for package: lftp
--> Processing Dependency: perl-String-CRC32 for package: lftp
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: perl-String-CRC32 is needed by package lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 (base)
lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: perl(String::CRC32) is needed by package lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 (base)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl-String-CRC32 is needed by package lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 (base)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(String::CRC32) is needed by package lftp-3.7.11-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 (base)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
package-cleanup --dupes
rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
Thank you

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This is happening because /etc/yum.conf has perl* listed as an exclusion. If you remove the exclusion for perl* in that file, then you will be able to install lftp

I am wondering why you are trying to install lftp when we provide pure-ftpd or proftpd on the machine. Of note, you won't have us able to support pure-ftpd or proftpd ceasing to work upon installing lftp on your machine.

Also, I highly suggest re-adding the perl* exclusion into /etc/yum.conf after you've gotten lftp rpm to install via yum.

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
Thank you, i have removed (perl*) from that file
then installed lftp (yum install lftp) and then added (perl*) again into the file. Works.

storminternet

Nov 2, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

That's great!

I am wondering why you are trying to install lftp when we provide pure-ftpd or proftpd on the machine. Of note, you won't have us able to support pure-ftpd or proftpd ceasing to work upon installing lftp on your machine.
On cPanel server pure-ftpd or proftpd is recommended ftp software. If you are using lftp on your server then you may have to face the performance issues with the ftp server.