Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Missing e-mail account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by kevin2004, Sep 29, 2004.

1. kevin2004

kevin2004 Member

I have one account on my RHE 3 cPanel Pro box that has lost the e-mail accounts, even the default account which has no way of being deleated. I don't know exactly when it happened so I don"t know what caused it. How can I get them back?/

Thanks, Kevin

2. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

Kevin,

I have the exact same problem, except it has happened to a lot of my accounts. I'm not clear on how many at this point.

I ssh'd into the server and the e-mail accounts are still there on my box. I was able to just re-create them in cpanel and they re-appeared and luckily all of the e-mails were still there. You might want to give that a try. Might be a good idea to make a copy the mail directory for each e-mail account to a temporary location in case it doesn't restore the e-mails in each account.

I would still like to know what the heck happened though...

3. noimad1

Bad news....it looks like this has happened to every single one of our accounts. I have submitted a cpanel ticket to see if they know what happened and how to fix:

[cPanel ID# 81245]

4. Oras

Oras Registered

Exactly the same Problem with me!!! :eek:

Yesterday I moved some sites from a Host to another & checked the Cpanel after moving & the accounts were there ... but today I can't see them!!!!

Any Suggestions :(

5. Oras

Oras Registered

6. noimad1

Yea, that one doesn't help me much. The script makes you put each username in manually....I'm talking this is a problem with over 200 accounts....