Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Missing email issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by KAS9090, Dec 5, 2017.

1. KAS9090

KAS9090 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a website owner, we manufacture products and sell to wholesalers through email correspondence. I recently got my website built by someone, he provided hosting and domain name. I just got c-panel and webmail password. But now from sometime I realize that my correspondence is leaking to some other party. The mails of customers are missing from inbox. Is it somehow related to person who built the website for me? How can I check my email logs or how can I see if there are some emails coming to my domain but I cant see them? Please help its urgent. I am not good at this so please explain me like you explain to a fifth grade

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The issue you described often occurs when someone sets up an email account using POP3 and downloads the messages without leaving a copy on the server. I recommend reaching out to your web hosting provider so they can review the email logs (only accessible as root) to see if anyone else is checking your email.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KAS9090

KAS9090 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The problem is that I just met the person who arranged domain and hosting and made website for me, He is the person who I feel doing this with me. I can not explain my concern to him at the moment. Do not know where my website is hosted. I can not see incoming email logs due to permission, whereas I can see outgoing logs.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...