The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing emails appear in a hidden lone Inbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tsediting, Mar 16, 2006.

1. tsediting

tsediting Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I have a ded server running latest cPanel with around 60+ user accounts. Each of our account users use IMAP email which works great.

A number of our clients are complaining that they are not receiving all their expected emails. I decided to login to thier "Webmail" via "Horde" to see if I could find the supposed missing emails.
    I logged into one of our users account who has a number of different email accounts on his domain. Within Horde each email account has its own folder and own inbox however, at the top of the hierarchy tree there is another lone Inbox, and within this lone Inbox are the missing emails.

The emails have been posted to the correct postal address and there doesnt seem to be a pattern as to which emails are going to this lone Inbox.

1) does anyone know what this lone inbox is?
    2) why are random emails being sent there?

Thanks guys n girls, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Lewisville, Tx
    Try running:

service pop3d restart
    service xinetd restart
    service cpanel restart
    /scripts/restartsrv exim

We had one single server that was receiving mail and not allowing pop clients to check the boxes yesterday. The above fixed it for us.