Missing Emails with Redirection

wlaughto

Registered
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney, AU
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Helping a friend out who has a hosted web site managed via cPanel. His mail is also hosted on this server and managed also via cPanel. He has his email redirected via the cPanel Forwarder to another email server hosted by his Telco (this is non-optional). Email sent externally to his email address (e.g. from my gmail account) appears ok in the Telco mail server (having been forwarded/redirected), however does not appear in the web hosted email server. Is this normal that a copy is not 'left behind' on the web hosted mail server?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
To clarify the issue so that I can understand what's occurring better:

1. You send an email to your friend
  2. The email arrives to his cPanel server
  3. The email is then forwarded to another email server
  4. The email is present in the cPanel server
  5. The email is not present at the external mail server?

If I have this correct, then the issue sounds like it lies with the external mail server not receiving this forwarded mail. Your friend or you, if you have access can most likely look at cPanel>>Email>>Track Delivery to determine what happened with the forwarded mail.

wlaughto

Registered
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney, AU
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for the response. Yes, turned out to be the hosting facility. They had recently migrated from another hosting facility and somehow managed to have email dropping into 2 repositories! Sorry this does not fully explain the issue, but now sorted.

Reactions: cPanelLauren