The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing help section for AutoSSL?

Discussion in 'Security' started by stackbuilder, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. stackbuilder

stackbuilder Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

On this page: Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

There is a hyperlinked section called "Which domains does AutoSSL add to the certificate first".

However, clicking on it doesn't do anything. I don't see the section anywhere on the page either. Did it get deleted?

More fundamentally, I'm trying to find help about the Common Name default for AutoSSL. When I just configured it, AutoSSL picked a subdomain, webmail.example.org, as the main display name, instead of www. or naked domain.

Would anyone know more? It's not a big deal really, but would like to know how I can avoid getting some random subdomain made into the common name in the future.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've opened a case with our Documentation Team (DOC-9321) to ensure the "Manage AutoSSL" document reflects the correct link destination when clicking on "Which domains does AutoSSL add to the certificate first". Here's the correct destination it should link to:

SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

As far as the sort order, could you verify if "webmail.example.org" was already setup with a SSL certificate initially before a certificate for "example.org" was generated?

Thank you.

3. stackbuilder

stackbuilder Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your reply. The site did not have a dedicated SSL prior; it was routed through Cloudflare and so used CF's free shared SSL.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you'd like us to take a closer look to see why "webmail.domain.tld" is the first domain name listed in the certificate.

Thank you.