stackbuilder

Registered
Aug 7, 2017
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

On this page: Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

There is a hyperlinked section called "Which domains does AutoSSL add to the certificate first".

However, clicking on it doesn't do anything. I don't see the section anywhere on the page either. Did it get deleted?

More fundamentally, I'm trying to find help about the Common Name default for AutoSSL. When I just configured it, AutoSSL picked a subdomain, webmail.example.org, as the main display name, instead of www. or naked domain.

Would anyone know more? It's not a big deal really, but would like to know how I can avoid getting some random subdomain made into the common name in the future.

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I've opened a case with our Documentation Team (DOC-9321) to ensure the "Manage AutoSSL" document reflects the correct link destination when clicking on "Which domains does AutoSSL add to the certificate first". Here's the correct destination it should link to:

SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

As far as the sort order, could you verify if "webmail.example.org" was already setup with a SSL certificate initially before a certificate for "example.org" was generated?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The site did not have a dedicated SSL prior; it was routed through Cloudflare and so used CF's free shared SSL.
Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you'd like us to take a closer look to see why "webmail.domain.tld" is the first domain name listed in the certificate.

Thank you.