The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing MySQL databases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tanner, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tanner

tanner Registered

Hey there

today i tried to access one of the phpBB forums on my site, but i was met with mysql errors, i checked the databases in cpanel and they have all dissapeared, i had 4. i dont know why this is but im thinking its something to do with a cpanl update, as the version is now 10.something and fantastico has suddenly reppeared with new features after it was missing a few days? can anyone tell me why my databases have vanished (no i dont have back-ups, silly i know, but still), is it an error in cpanel or more likely to be with my hosts (i operate a reseller account)

it may also be worth nothing that i tried to create a new database and it wouldnt allow me to either create a table or user, it said it had successfully created it, but on the mysql page, nothing

thanks

#1 tanner, Feb 24, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  2. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

MySQL is probobly shutdown. In WHM select the SQL Restart option or type service mysql restart in SSH. If that doesn't work, then you'll probobly need some more help. You can contact me in AIM for MSN for quick support (I'm usually here :D)

3. tanner

tanner Registered

today it suddenly reappeared everything fully functional...weird

cheers anyways