The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing mysqld (mysql server)

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mr187canada, Nov 6, 2014.

1. mr187canada

mr187canada Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey there so I am running a game server which uses mySQL and I am getting a error (error #2002) Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

So I know it's going to the wrong place and I know the mysql.sock itself is in /var/lib/mysql/ but there is no mysqld.sock anywhere and there is no way for me to install mysqld to even have a mysqld.sock

My mySQL works completely fine though but I am missing the server sock file of course which is required how would I go about installing it?

I've tried installing the repo of the mySQL and trying to install mySQL server with no results

2. mr187canada

mr187canada Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd like to just say as well that yeah I do have the mysql.stock located at /var/lib/mysql/ but I do not have any mysqld.stock which is the mySQL server and I've tried everything to install it I've looked everywhere and nowhere seems to say anything about how to install mySQL server onto a cPanel server. I am using CentOS 6.6 and the latest cPanel and mySQL 5.6 and I installed a clean CentOS on another test server with no cPanel and was able to install mySQL and than mySQL server no problem with yum install mysql-server after grabbing the repo.

Now the problem is there is no service mysqld, there's mysql which is the mysql client but there's no mysqld anywhere and I cannot find anything on these forums or google about how to install it.

3. triantech

triantech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey,

Try to re-install MySQL from WHM :

( Home >> Software >> MySQL Upgrade )

Let's see how it finishes ? Also, how much is your RAM ?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please keep in mind that MySQL is installed and managed through cPanel. You don't manage it through YUM like you would with a standard CentOS installation. Does the /tmp/mysql.sock symbolic link exist on your system? Check to see if the following command helps:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix
    Thank you.

5. akuzminsky

akuzminsky Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From time to time MySQL packagers change names to make our life more fun.
    The most reliable way I found to know which package actually provides MySQL server is
    Code:
    yum provides "*/mysqld"
    it will show you packages that will install mysqld file. So then you can choose which one to install

6. mr187canada

mr187canada Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    All I can really do is try to upgrade again to 5.6 and this is what I get

I do have /tmp/mysql.sock I also have /var/lib/mysql/mysql.stock my MySQL runs completely fine site wise I have a forums running and everything but I don't have any mysqld.stock anywhere which is required for the game server I am trying to host. I also did what you said didn't really do anything still no mysqld.stock

This is what I got when I did it

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please keep in mind that it's "mysql.sock" and not "mysql.stock". To clarify, is it only the game server that's not working properly? If so, have you consulted with their support team?

Thank you.