The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing .so libraries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atrix, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Atrix

Atrix Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I keep getting this error:
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

if I ls that directory pdo_sqlite.so exists but pdo_mysql.so does not.
    php -m also shows pdo_mysql is installed as does easyapache.
    I reinstalled just now making sure pdo and pdo mysql are checked and it still isn't there.

I also recentlly tried to install fuse so I can mount amazon s3 drives on my webserver for backups directly without saving a backup on the local hard drive. However it was impossible and I spent days on it, and a lot of it had to do with missing .so files too. I ended up having to buy a subscription to jungledisk just b/c it doesn't rely on fuse. Every CentOS tutorial I followed, fuse would not properly install.

I really wish there was an option in the backup system in WHM to not store files locally at all, it would have saved me many days of work, we'd look at doubling the cost of our server to store files locally and remotely vs just remotely on amazon s3. Luckily jungledisk is only $5 a mo and easy to use but I feel it's $5 I'd not have to spend if the backup remotely only option was there, or even if fuse was available through whm. I can't justify to a client going from $75 to $150 a month just to double our hard drive space simply so we can store backups locally, which is what a lot of hosts require. A local backup isn't even that useful, you want your backup in a remote location so all your eggs aren't in one basket.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Check to ensure there's not a local php.ini file within the account that's using old values. You can move the file out of the way so the account uses /usr/local/lib/php.ini to see if it addresses the issue.

Thank you.