The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulm, Nov 2, 2005.

1. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

For some reason I have one site on my server which hosts 13 domains which is missing stats in Urchin and Webalizer from Oct 24th through Oct 30th for some reason, after that the starts started up again fine on Nov 1.

I checked all other sites which seem to be fine when looking at the same dates.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Could the log file for the domain have reached 2GB in size on the 24th? If an apache log file in /usr/local/apache/domlogs/ is 2GB or greater in size, then apache stops writing to it. It's a "feature" of apache v1.3.

3. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

That is right :) It is actually 200MB since the 31st right now so my guess is that would have been the issue, is there a possible work around for this? It seems this site gets quite a bit of traffic and it would make sense that there should be a workaround for this.

Thanks a bunch! :)

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you enable WHM > Tweak Settings > Delete each domain's access logs after stats run, then the logs will be rotated. However, be aware that this will happen on a daily basis and could impare any log searching that you may have to do, for example, tracking down script compromises. However, it should resolve the logging/stats issue.

5. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

Hi Chirpy,

Thanks a bunch, it is actually a freinds dedicated box so I will give him both options and let him decide :) Thanks again for all of your help.