The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing upcp daily email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by egrueda, Oct 16, 2012.

1. egrueda

egrueda Member

Hi all.
    Every night I receive an email from cron service when upcp is executed, so every morning I see all upcp emails from all cpanel servers.
    Today I have received zero emails.

All my cpanel servers did run upcp sucessfuly, updated some mysql packages and created a log file inside /var/cpanel/updatelogs
    It's also showed at /var/log/cron, but it's missing one line in the /vag/log/exim_mainlog as it always do.

So upcp is running but cron email is not even generating.
    Any clues?

Thanks.

2. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I noticed this as well.. cPanel missed something I think

3. egrueda

egrueda Member

I see upcp updates and restarts exim, so connections are dropped for a while.
    That may be the reason

4. egrueda

egrueda Member

Yep, today all upcp cron emails are back ;-)

5. Mysticeti

Mysticeti Well-Known Member

I've noticed a similar trend. Most days upcp doesn't pick up a new version of WHM/cPanel and I'll get the upcp email. On days that upcp does pick up a new version of WHM/cPanel I do not get the email.

For example, yesterday upcp sent me email (containing the line "Detected version '11.42.0.20' from version file."). Today I didn't get email from upcp and when I log into WHM I see that I'm running 11.42.0.21

I think others have noticed this as well. This thread for instance may be due to the same issue.

It's kind of a big deal because this morning I received a couple "lfd on example.com: System Integrity checking detected a modified system file" mail messages around the time that upcp should be running but I didn't get the upcp email so it wasn't immediately evident that upcp was the cause of the changes to /usr/bin/sudo, /usr/bin/sudoedit, /bin/crontab, and /bin/passwd.