The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing yaml file?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by adjc98, Jul 16, 2015.

1. adjc98

adjc98 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have some ghost database that need to be deleted in cpanel. They cannot be viewed phpmyadmin and are no longer necessary.

The databases are still in dbindex.db file, username.json, and dbindex.db.cache. The username.yaml does not exist. Everything is working correctly except the non existent databases are still in these files for some reason.

Does cpanel use the json file to populate the database info if the yaml file is missing? Also, how can I get rid of these ghost databases and should I recreate my username.yaml file for any reason?

I am assuming I should delete the database info from dbindex.db, username.json, and dbindex.db.cache(somehow rebuild the cache?). What should I do about the yaml file?

2. adjc98

adjc98 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    These files are located in /var/cpanel/databases

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What method did you use to delete these databases? You may need to manually remove the entries from the files you referenced, or try re-adding and then deleting the databases through cPanel.

Thank you.