The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmap() failed with index cache file - dovecot

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kurian_dsquare, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kurian_dsquare

kurian_dsquare Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,We are using WHM Cpanel 11.28.86 with dovecot as IMAP/POP server. We have a folder in an email account with more than 65000 emails. Now whenever we try to access this email account, through Squirrel Mail or Mail client like Kmail, in /var/log/maillog, we are getting message,

We are not able to view email accounts and Squirrel mail is throwing

The entry, mail_process_size in /etc/dovecot.conf is comented.Can someone guide me on what to do to fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

<br>Regards,

<br>Kurian.

#1 kurian_dsquare, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Kurian,

It could be the PHP memory limit in the php.ini for cPanel itself for the webmail programs. I'd point out how to do that, but it's highly possible the machine could crash if it uses too much memory.

The issue here is that no folder should have 65000 emails in it. I highly suggest copying the contents of that folder and zipping them up, then having the user trim down the contents or you trim it down for them.

I'd also consider updating cPanel to the latest version as you appear to be running a relatively older version. You can do that cPanel update with this command:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    Thanks!