The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod mono + firefox

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by camers, Oct 30, 2004.

1. camers

camers Member

http://playfordnet.com/home/default.aspx

The clients page will not show in firefox, well it does but only in code.

Also when we installed jsp we had to install the servlet to the domain, we try doing so thinking aspx is the same. But it just installs JSP. So i take it asp just works with all domains?

2. FriedEgg

FriedEgg Active Member

It's being sent out with the mime type text/plain, so Firefox is obeying your server and treating it as plain text. IE ignores what the server says and looks at the file extension. You probably need to add .aspx to your mime.types file or httpd.conf with a text/html mime type.

3. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

From my understanding, threre are some ASP code that won't work correctly unless you are using IE. This is the reason why i never really go to deep in ASP, but i think coding with asp.net was suppose to eliminate that problem.. cant remember though.

4. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

ASP is Active Server Pages... everything is run on the server... however, if your pages return VB Script within the page, obviously they'll only work for Windows users running IE, and not work for Mac, Linux, and Windows users using any other browser.

5. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

lol i understand your understanding that it is Active Server Pages.. which everything should be parsed on the server alone.. which was my understanding as well.... but I took acouple of .NET classes including ASP.NET, and did alot of research on it. There are reports of some ASP pages not working unless the client is using IE.. don't ask me why because i didn't go into full detail but i know that there are rare occasions where if your not using IE... the pages wouldn't be able to view correctly... that was that main reason i just stopped messing with ASP and went to PHP.