The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Security Blocking jQuery.cookie.js in Drupal Installation

Discussion in 'Security' started by scielcoi, Feb 11, 2011.

1. scielcoi

scielcoi Registered

I installed Drupal, and not able to access the site /www.scientificinternational.co.in. My webhost gave me the logs that says

Code:
    [Fri Feb 11 01:11:55 2011] [error] [client 74.102.61.235] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\b(?:(?:type\\b\\W*?\\b(?:text\\b\\W*?\\b(?:j(?:ava)?|ecma|vb)|application\\b\\W*?\\bx-(?:java|vb))script|c(?:opyparentfolder|reatetextrange)|get(?:special|parent)folder|iframe\\b.{0,100}?\\bsrc)\\b|on(?:(?:mo(?:use(?:o(?:ver|ut)|down|move|up)|ve)|key(?:press|d ..." at REQUEST_FILENAME. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "117"] [id "950004"] [msg "Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Attack"] [data ".cookie"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [tag "WEB_ATTACK/XSS"] [hostname "www.scientificinternational.co.in"] [uri "/misc/jquery.cookie.js"] [unique_id "TVQ-g9gSy9IAAFMPlW4AAAAC"]
    I am sure, ppl might have come across this issue....

Please help me override this

2. Cindu

Cindu Well-Known Member

Hello,

You can ask your host to disable mod_security for the domain or they can always disable particular pattern for the domain.
    Cheers!

3. cPanelJamyn

cPanelJamyn Social Engineer
    Staff Member

The error message indicates rule # 950004 is triggering for the url /misc/jquery.cookie.js.
    Your host should be able to add the following to any of the EasyApache include files (ex: pre_virtualhost_global.conf or one specific to your domain). It should disable rule 950004 for the url '/misc/jquery.cookie.js'.

Code:
    <LocationMatch /misc/jquery.cookie.js>
      <IfModule mod_security2.c>
        SecRuleRemoveById 950004
        # SecRuleEngine Off
      </IfModule>
    </LocationMatch>

You can't add <LocationMatch> to an .htaccess file, so it'll need to be in an include.

David July likes this.
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: