Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mod_bandwidth - Server wide per-account set limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XPerties, Sep 9, 2005.

1. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

Does the cPanel install of mod_bandwidth allow you to set a server wide bandwidth limit? I have a server with about 1100 clients on it and I need to set the limit to 10GB per day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, the cPanel install itself only offers the ability to limit on a per account basis from shell. Looking at the mod_bandwidth site quickly, it seems to suggest that it cannot be done server-wide, though I haven't tried:
    http://www.cohprog.com/v3/bandwidth/doc-en.html

You could also look at mod_throttle too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

I've found lots of tutorials about mod_throttle such as http://www.webhostgear.com/160.html and all of them say:

With 1100 clients on one server, having to edit each one would takes days. Any idea what I can do to set this server wide.