The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_bandwidth

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Stonemage, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Stonemage

Stonemage Well-Known Member

So... mod_bandwidth is currently installable and at version 2.0.4-0.8

My question is this (and I know it is still in beta, but it has been for a long time now and I feel this needs to be asked)... why is there no WHM-based management for this addon. I myself have no problem editing the httpd.conf file and putting in the nessecary information for each domain/subdomain etc that I wish to further control... however I thought the whole premise of cPanel was to have everything you need to manage your hosting and/or domains/clients/etc in one place with complete ease of use. Parsing of the config file is no major challenge, and parts of the WHM already do this... is a slightly manipulated cut and paste job out of the question?

If I am the only person that feels this way then so be it, but I don't think I am. This module has been around for a long time and really should be progressed with further making it more integrated with the cPanel persona.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As you say, it's still in beta, so you'll simply have to wait until cPanel decide whether they're going to integrate it or drop it.

3. Stonemage

Stonemage Well-Known Member

In that case it is a shame we cannot vote on it or contribute to it ourselves. I know how one can get overwhelmed with IT projects and push a few of them to the back burner for a while, so that is understandable; I just wish it wasn't so long between cycles. And that being said too, every official addon (beta or not, but probably especially beta) should have its own page (ie. modbandwidth.cpanel.net, etc) so people can keep on top of changes, or vote on new features, as well as contact the "maintainer" if any issues do arise that the support team might be a little in-the-dark on. :)

4. eyelfixit

eyelfixit Registered

I fully agree with this, the ability to vote on add ons would be a good idea to gauge popularity.