Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mod_cloudflare Installation warn message

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moisesgl, Apr 29, 2012.

1. moisesgl

moisesgl Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i am following this steps to install mod_cloudflare:

Code:
         cd /usr/local/src 
         wget --no-check-certificate http://github.com/cloudflare/CloudFlare-Tools/raw/master/mod_cloudflare.c
         apxs -a -i -c mod_cloudflare.c
         service httpd restart
         /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update
    and after running the last command i get this:
    Code:
    [/usr/local/src]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain volumedrive.com (manually added domain).
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Setting to user to 'nobody'.
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain volumedrive.com (manually added domain).
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Setting to user to 'nobody'.
    Distilled successfully
    In another post here i found i could find the entries the last command created with this commands:

Code:
    grep -Hin "V-4334.volumedrive.com" /etc/*domains /etc/*users
    grep -HinR "V-4334.volumedrive.com" /var/cpanel/users /var/cpanel/userdata
    but besides finding that out i really do not know why the volumedrive.com entries are being created, they are my VPS providers and i do not host that site, also, what would be a safe way to remove the entries created?

thanks.

2. tylerl

tylerl Active Member

Installing mod_cloudflare directly using apxs on cPanel servers can lead to other problems down the line. Your safest bet is to include mod_cloudflare in your EasyApache build configuration.

There's an installer that will do exactly that for you, which you can find here:

Installing mod_cloudflare on cPanel - TL Tech

3. moisesgl

moisesgl Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    so what if I already installed it with the previous method i posted? should i uninstalled it and installed it with the method you posted? could you help me out with the uninstall procedure? thanks

4. tylerl

tylerl Active Member

I believe that when you run EasyApache, it wipes out anything you installed using apxs (which is exactly why you want to do it *through* EasyApache).