moisesgl

Registered
Apr 29, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
i am following this steps to install mod_cloudflare:

Code:
     cd /usr/local/src 
     wget --no-check-certificate http://github.com/cloudflare/CloudFlare-Tools/raw/master/mod_cloudflare.c
     apxs -a -i -c mod_cloudflare.c
     service httpd restart
     /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update
and after running the last command i get this:
Code:
[/usr/local/src]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update
warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain volumedrive.com (manually added domain).
warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Setting to user to 'nobody'.
warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain volumedrive.com (manually added domain).
warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain V-4334.volumedrive.com ownership. Setting to user to 'nobody'.
Distilled successfully
In another post here i found i could find the entries the last command created with this commands:

Code:
grep -Hin "V-4334.volumedrive.com" /etc/*domains /etc/*users
grep -HinR "V-4334.volumedrive.com" /var/cpanel/users /var/cpanel/userdata
but besides finding that out i really do not know why the volumedrive.com entries are being created, they are my VPS providers and i do not host that site, also, what would be a safe way to remove the entries created?

thanks.

tylerl

Dec 11, 2009
Installing mod_cloudflare directly using apxs on cPanel servers can lead to other problems down the line. Your safest bet is to include mod_cloudflare in your EasyApache build configuration.

There's an installer that will do exactly that for you, which you can find here:

Installing mod_cloudflare on cPanel - TL Tech

moisesgl

Registered
Apr 29, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
so what if I already installed it with the previous method i posted? should i uninstalled it and installed it with the method you posted? could you help me out with the uninstall procedure? thanks

tylerl

Dec 11, 2009
I believe that when you run EasyApache, it wipes out anything you installed using apxs (which is exactly why you want to do it *through* EasyApache).