SOLVED Mod_Deflate not Working after Updating to EA4

leslieurance

Registered
Jan 2, 2017
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I need some help. I updated to EA4 and enabled multip php versions and everything appeared to work correctly.

After the update was completed, I noticed that gzip is no longer working. I verified its installed, but it is not working.

I read on another thread to change the php handler from cgi to suphp, but that immediately broke my site, so i switched the handler back to cgi.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. Can someone point me in the right direction?

leslieurance

Registered
Jan 2, 2017
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Solved: I revisited my settings. In WHM, I went to the Home>Software>MultiPHP Manager and noticed that PHP-FPM was not turned on by default.

Somehow I missed that when I switched my site over to PHP 7. Once I turned PHP-FPM on, mod_deflate started working correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNewb

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Solved: I revisited my settings. In WHM, I went to the Home>Software>MultiPHP Manager and noticed that PHP-FPM was not turned on by default.

Somehow I missed that when I switched my site over to PHP 7. Once I turned PHP-FPM on, mod_deflate started working correctly.
Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.