The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_fcgid times out when running 'pkgacct' script

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by tlogbon, May 1, 2012.

1. tlogbon

tlogbon Registered

May 1, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All,

I have this set up of two VPS with Hostgator, the first server, say server1, runs the main website, while the second server, server2, is dedicated to MySQL server.
    Server 1 is a level 6 VPS with 2.3GB of RAM while server 2 is a level 4 VPS with 1.3 GB of RAM,
    cPanel on Server 1 is configured to use server 2 as it's MySQL database.

The problem

Whenever I run
    , which I run for backup every night, the site hangs for a period of 30 minutes while the databases are being backed up. The database size for the site is about 12GB and it keeps increasing everyday. When I checked Apache error logs, I noticed that for all the requests made during this time period, Apache was reporting the following error mod_fcgid can't apply process slot for... ,
    My concern is that while I was running both MySQL and Apache on the same server, I never experienced this problem, now I will really appreciate if anyone can help me with a possible cause for this error.

My guess is that the RAM on server 1 is not large enough to handle the database backup and HTTP requests at the same time, but does that mean, we'll have to keep increasing the RAM as the database size increases?

I will really appreciate if anyone can suggest a way out from this situation.